Job Title: Irrigation Supervisor
Reporting to: Farm Operations Manager
Direct Report: Irrigation Technicians
The Irrigation Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates and directs irrigation operations according to established standards. The Irrigation Supervisor will ensure the continuous development of irrigation practices and the optimum use of equipment, including water pumping and distribution infrastructures.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Advice the Farm Operation Manager on the operation of all the pumps stations to ensure supply of water to the rice fields.
2. ln consultation with the Farm Operations Manager: prepare and establish irrigation schedules, train, coach, motivate, track, assign, and oversee performance of tasks, assignments and projects and achievement.
3. Establish and apply standard methods for work performed; and adhere proper workgroup procedures and policies.
4. Coordinate irrigation/drain maintenance activities with as well as outside contractors, other divisions and departments.
5. Streamline proper water shut downs during irrigation/drain construction and maintenance activities as well as emergency irrigation and drain breaks.
6. Coordinate and perform investigations and inspections of drain and irrigation system infrastructure.
7. Check irrigation facilities and equipment, which need maintenance and repairs and report them for quick action.
8. Additional duties can be added anytime according to the needs of the company.
Education & Experience
· University degree or Diploma in Farm Management.
· A minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience in a similar position, ideally in rice production.
· Strong technical capabilities of irrigation systems.
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to multi task under tight deadlines
· Sense of organization and management of priorities
· Interpersonal skills and ease of communication with direct reports
Apply Now: Send Resume/ CV to [email protected] before 2nd June, 2023.