Job Title: Farm Operations Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Land preparation and Harvesting, Irrigation, Crop Protection, Engineering Teams
Employment Type: Permanent employment
Based on deep insights into the needs of the targeted customer segments, the Farm Operations Manager supports business with the development and execution of yearly scheduled cropping cycles and activities in the most efficient and sustainable agronomical, mechanization and cost-containment practices to achieve overall production goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in the development of long-range objectives and specify the annual production strategies and actions with associated budget.
· Plan and direct the development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
· Direct and coordinate employee activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading and recordkeeping.
· Collaborate growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, milling and packaging, and other related departments.
· Work with commercial team to analyze market conditions to determine acreage allocations and production.
· Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and prepare financial and operational reports.
· Assess and guide irrigation management periodically to enhance crop yield
· Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and movement for greater efficiency and accuracy.
· Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
· Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of inputs required for maximum production.
· Lead with proper practices for expansion, in soil preparation and erosion control.
· Advise on access to machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, planters, sprayers, spreaders, GPS, combine harvester etc.
· Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning, periodic maintenance and replacement.
· Collaborate with the HR Director to determine and execute resourcing needs such as talent acquisition, development, reward and performance among others.
Additional duties can be added anytime according to the needs of the company.
Education & Experience
· BSc degree in Agriculture Science (Agronomy, Soil Science, Crop Science or equivalent) and a certification in Farm Management is an advantage.
· A minimum of 7 years hand-on work experience with in-depth knowledge in large-scale food production including techniques. practices and equipment management for planting, growing, and harvesting for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Strategic planning
· Business acumen
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Supervisory and management experience.
· Good organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Analytical and problem solving
· Quality control analysis
· System analysis
Apply Now: Send Resume/ CV to [email protected] before 2nd June, 2023.